Skip to main content

Whatever's Block

You're probably familiar with the term "writer's block". I wonder if there's a painter's block, singer's block, or chef's block. What actually happened during the block anyway? A sudden mood change? Running out of idea? Simply bored and tired of the routine?

Like what I'm facing tonight. I already had a theme/topic that I'm suppose to be writing for this night. But I don't know why I just don't get the first words, and I don't know how to start and end that piece. That's why tonight I will (again) be rambling pointlessly.

So, in my case tonight, it's not because I don't have any idea. It's more like I can't develop the idea. Or because my topic was my own experience, so that becomes a separate kind of obstacle, one which put me in battle with my own thoughts and decisions. Or maybe simply because I don't know how to put them into words.

Is it my mood? Not really, I'm not in a negative mood right now. Have I become bored and tired by the routine? Well, born as an ENTP, it is  very understandable that I'm infected by the 'great starter, never a finisher' syndrome. But, nah, this piece is the 4th piece yet. Even I don't get bored that easily. And even if I am bored already that's the whole point of joining 31harimenulis anyway. To give me some kind of disincentive when not doing something I'm suppose/should be doing.

Hm, writing this rambling actually give me the chance to be more mindful, to listen more to myself. And the hard truth is, I'm experiencing this 'block' is because I can't focus. I am having so many things going on in my head, in my life, which I need to settle one by one. Deadlines, thoughts, ideas, wishes, dreams. I have to start straighten'up myself, get to finish stuffs one thing at a time. And not just running away from it by looking for distractions. Even if it's so much more fun. Haha.

So what do I do when facing a whatever's block? For writing, my long time professor told me to just "Tulis Saja, Kapan Lagi". And for other things in life? A really dear adorably kind someone of mine told me to "keep going". And that's what I'm doing right now, whatever it takes. If I'm blocked to write about a topic, then I'll just write about something else. If I can't find a word to start in Bahasa, then I'll just follow my feelings and write in English.

If life gives you lemon, then let's make a damn hell of a lemonade out of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

this kid

For her upcoming 8th birthday, she have everything plan out. (Most probably an Intuitive, yup, since her birthday won't be here until another two months). She already plan how it will be celebrated. Her father and I never celebrate our birthdays so her images of birthdays are definitely not from us. She plans what she wants to eat. Quite anti mainstream because she requested "nasi and kremesan". She plans when it will be held (not on her actual birth day because she wants to celebrate it with her cousin and relatives in her father's hometown). She also plans who she is going to invite. What amaze me the most is she has this idea that her cousins will give her presents which she already has prepared earlier herself. So today I drove her to this stationery store, not a fancy one, just one near her school. She then bought pretty much everything she needs and wants for her birthday. She choose the cute stuffs she wants as her present, pick the pretty boxes and bags to put

Perpetual Sadness

Dari Rabu atau Kamis denger pertama kabar Nanggala, hatiku remuk. Secara logika udah kuat banget dugaan mereka ga akan selamat. Kesedihan mulai merayapiku. Mulai kerasa sedih ga jelas Ga mood ngapa-ngapain Rasa kehilangan akan entah apa Kebayang kamu ga ada Hatiku lebih remuk lagi Kalo sampe itu terjadi Mulai muter lagu2 sedih Lagu Linkin Park paling kena sih Mungkin karena Chester nya Mungkin karena walau sedih tetap terasa kuat Menambah rasa ironi Sabtu malam dinyatakan tenggelam Ucapan duka bertebaran Rasa sedih menyeruak Minggu lebih banyak berita detail Ditemukan terbelah tiga Memuncak sedih ini Rasa kehilangan yang besar dan dalam Berusaha menghibur diri Namun dengan rasa bersalah Karena sepertinya dunia malah baru mulai berduka Tapi aku sudah hampir tenggelam Dalam kesedihan Mulai nonton dan baca berita berita analitis terkait, berusaha merasionalisasi kenyataan Tak terhindarkan Di luar kendali siapapun Lepaskan Ayo lanjutkan hidup