Skip to main content

Numb

Once upon time, (I cant pinpoint the exact month, but ultimately in 2015) I was severely numb.

I felt stuck, have nowhere to go
No longer can feel my own passion and purpose
It's all meaningless
Everything felt like a giant routine blob
Floating away aimlessly

It was somewhere in my depression episode.

I felt nothing. I want nothing.
I couldn't be happy. I couldn't be sad either.
I'm definitely bored
My mind wanders a lot
Nothing excites me anymore
Things I used to enjoy felt like a big MEH
My life was a BIG meh
I fear nothing, got nothing to lose
Go ahead, take everything that was left of me
I wasn't angry
I couldn't be angry
I KNOW I was disappointed, but can't feel it anymore

I was in zero point
No negativity, but no positivity too
My shrink disagreed with this concept
She said that if we're not happy then it means we're sad
There was nothing such as zero/neutral area
So I said, I'm not happy but I'm also not sad
What do I have to feel sad for, I ask
I'm definitely not sad
I'm just depressed
There

Damn
Didn't know that acknowledging that I was depressed
Will be that hard
Admitting that I can't help myself getting out of it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

this kid

For her upcoming 8th birthday, she have everything plan out. (Most probably an Intuitive, yup, since her birthday won't be here until another two months). She already plan how it will be celebrated. Her father and I never celebrate our birthdays so her images of birthdays are definitely not from us. She plans what she wants to eat. Quite anti mainstream because she requested "nasi and kremesan". She plans when it will be held (not on her actual birth day because she wants to celebrate it with her cousin and relatives in her father's hometown). She also plans who she is going to invite. What amaze me the most is she has this idea that her cousins will give her presents which she already has prepared earlier herself. So today I drove her to this stationery store, not a fancy one, just one near her school. She then bought pretty much everything she needs and wants for her birthday. She choose the cute stuffs she wants as her present, pick the pretty boxes and bags to put

Understanding and Curing Limerence

(Excerpt from limerence .net , nothing was written by me) The phases of limerence Like other addictions, we see limerence originating from early life psychological wounding. We use it to fill a hole in our soul.  We  describe  limerence as the mother of all distractions and when working with clients in limerence we are  curious to uncover what is it the person avoiding dealing with?  So often there is deep unresolved emotional pain. The client has protected themselves by covering their hearts over the years and decades with layers and layers of reinforced concrete.  This was a survival mechanism necessary from growing up in a dysfunctional and often narcissistic family system. The reality is limerence never lasts – typically it spans from 6-36 months. Just long enough for us to pair-bond and continue the survival of the species. Recent advances in neuroimaging and neurochemistry are now mapping out these pathways for romantic love. We also feel limerence is a gateway to grief. It ma